Brock Lesnar could be returning to the octagon. If Brock wants to fight, UFC President Dana White is definitely interested in making that happen.
The same story tends to repeat itself every time Lesnar reaches the end of his contract with WWE he flirts with the idea of fighting inside the octagon before returning to the WWE.
“I haven’t talked to Brock,” White said when asked about Lesnar on Tuesday night following the latest episode of the Contender Series. “I haven’t talked to Brock in probably a year. I don’t know [if he wants to fight again].
“He’s 43 years old and he’s got a lot of money. So I don’t know what his plans are, how his body feels, any of that. Like I said, I haven’t talked to him.”
If Brock returns a likely opponent that might interest him is the light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones. Lesnar and Jones have previously exchanges messages on social media expressing interest in fighting each other.
If both men want the fight, Dana White is willing to make that happen.
“If they both want to fight each other, I’m sure it’s a fight that the fans would want to see,” White said. “It would be a good introduction for Jones into the heavyweight division.
“Yeah, if they wanted to do it, I would do it.”
White is certainly interesting following the recent vacate of the lightweight title and Jones’ intention to move up to heavyweight.
“If [Brock] calls me and he’s interested in fighting, I would obviously consider making that fight,” White said.
Jones was campaigning for a title shot against Stipe Mioic as well but according to White, Francis Ngannou will get the title shot next.
“No, he can’t jump over Francis,” White said about Jones leapfrogging his way into a heavyweight title fight. “Francis has earned his spot. He’s been grinding for two years now. He deserves the shot.”